Monday, January 17, 2011

Love

Love is a strong word
what does it mean to you?
To me its a way of life
You should love everything
about your life
But the sad thing is,
i don't.


You find that someone you 
enjoy spending time with,
Everything is perfect
and you want to spend 
more time with them.


Then they take that
and rip it out of your heart.
You try to talk to them,
but they already forgotten
about you. 
You tell them your feelings
and those get ignored as well.
You say you don't want to hurt me,
but don't worry 
the damage is already done.


I lay in my room thinking of you,
i wonder if you do the same.
You may be trying to save yourself,
but I'm not going anywhere.
I want a reason to forget you,
but you don't give me one.
All i hear is the excuses
"i don't wanna get hurt"
But don't worry you cant hurt me,
You've already done your job.


All i ask from you is this,
just give us a chance.
I gave up the love of my life,
for a date with you.
The lights were amazing,
i was floating on Cloud 9.
It was like a dream,
but without the nightmares.
You know that i can make you happy,
but why do you push me away?


Your being selfish,
all you think about is yourself.
All you worry about is running away.

You don't have to run anywhere,
when you could just be happy with me....


Please you know who you are,
just give me a chance to be yours. 
Because i want you to be mine. 


                    Yours Truly,
                              Marina

1 comment:

WeMakeUpTheSky said...

Hang in there Marina. Love is something you can't search for, it's something you can't seek out. Its something to divine to be easy to find. It'll trick you and make sure you cherish it when you do find it. Stop looking for it. I did & I found the love of my life on a river. It'll all play out. It always does. You can't find something until you stop looking for it.
-Blue